more from louise...
I’ve published in The Washington Post, Forbes, Health, Via, More, Diablo, San Francisco, Coastal Living, Salon, Ms, Cosmopolitan, and the NYTimes Magazine, among many others. I love doing radio, and have contributed news and commentary to All Things Considered and other programs.
When not writing, I'm surfing, competitive swimming, traveling to out-there places, or at my martial arts school, Studio Naga, one of the few places outside of Indonesia where you can study Indonesian silat.
• The East Bay Monthly: Love spy Louise Rafkin on what makes our hearts go pitter patter
• Public Radio: On the Couch with Louise Rafkin
• Elle Magazine (Italy): (A spread in a European fashion magazine without having to diet)
• NPR: Fresh Air with Terri Gross: What you can learn about people by cleaning their house
• The New York Times: A modern-day Margaret Mead
• Salon Magazine: Coming clean about her trashy life
• Boston Globe: Our Dirt, Ourselves
National Endowment for the Arts Fellow
Fine Arts Work Center Fellow
Fine Arts Work Center Returning Fellow
Ludwig Vogelstein Foundation Fellow
Bay Guardian Short Fiction Winner
GLAAD Media Award Nominee
(for NYTimes column)
(for Other People's Dirt)
"Rafkin is a wonderful storyteller."
"A very funny book." - USA Today
"Rafkin delivers the dirt on cleaning with investigative zeal and depth."